Monday, January 3, 2011

Dinosaurs Galore by Giles Andreae

Dinosaurs Galore by Giles Andreae, illustrated by David Wojtowycz

Rating: 3.5 stars

Our twin nieces are, as Lorelei puts it, "crazy about dinosaurs" right now.  I mean, completely obsessed.  We've lent them all the books we have on dinosaurs and we bought them new dinosaur books for Christmas.  And for their birthday in two weeks?  You guessed it: dinosaur books.  This is one of them.  I like it, though I don't love it.  (I already got the ones I love for them: Danny and the Dinosaur and When Dinosaurs Came with Everything).

We really like Giles Andreae--he seems to produce solid B books, with an occasional knock-out like Giraffes Can't Dance, which is one of our favorite books to give as a gift.  This dinosaur book has an opening and closing, and in between each dinosaur gets to say his own little rhyme to describe himself to the reader.  It's got a pretty good rhythm and, in case your little one is like our nieces, it's not too annoying to read twice a day.  (I hope my sister agrees!)  The pictures are bright and just scary enough (which is to say, not too scary), and there's a little pink dinosaur to find on every page.

A good addition for the dinosaur obsessed kiddo!

No comments:

Post a Comment