Thursday, November 4, 2010

Truck Duck by Michael Rex

Truck Duck by Michael Rex

Rating: 4.5 stars

There aren't many words in this book, and that makes it one of my personal favorites when it comes time for Ben's choice of two books at bedtime.  By then I'm pretty much counting down the seconds till I kiss him good-night and close the door.  I love the little guy, but man does he wear me out some days!

It's just a simple, rhyming text: "Truck duck / Chimp blimp / Plow cow / Cab crab..."  The pictures are very realistic and clear, with the right animal sitting in the driver's seat chug-chug-chugging along.  Ben likes the pictures of the trucks and animals while Lorelei likes the rhyming. 

The only one that makes Lorelei, when she's with us at nap time for a reading of this book, get a wrinkled-up expression on her little face is "Hog frog."  "Why are motorcycles called hogs, Mommy?"  I sure don't know.  I keep meaning to ask my Moto Guzzi-riding stepfather, the kids' GrandBill (husband to beloved Grammy), but I keep forgetting.  What he doesn't know off the top of his head he knows at the tip of his fingers (what a Googler that guy is!), so...I'll let him weigh in on this heavy question.

No comments:

Post a Comment