Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Llama Llama Zippity-Zoom by Anna Dewdney

Llama Llama Zippity-Zoom by Anna Dewdney

Rating: 4.5 stars

I think I have the imprint of this book still on my cheek.  Because that's what Kiefer does when he wants me to read him a book at bedtime: He grabs the book and smacks me with it.  Words, please come at anytime...

This book is so great.  It's super fun to read, and has all the sounds that little guys and girls like to hear.  There's not much to it.  Here is the entire book:
Llama Llama zip, Llama Llama zoom
Llama Llama Red Pajama vroom vroom vroom
Llama Llama swish! Llama Llama swoosh!
Llama Llama Red Pajama Whoosh Whoosh Whoosh!
Llama Llama Beep!  Llama Llama Bop!
Llama Llama Red Pajama Screech!  Clunk!  Stop!
It's like a song you can't get out of your head, but it hasn't annoyed me...yet.  The only thing that keeps me from giving it a 5 rating is the hard corners.  They hurt.  Okay, not really--it's the price.  At $7 (even at Target, where the check out lady and I had a grand little conversation about all of the Llama Llama books), it seems a little steep for such a tiny book.  But I still bought it as a gift for a vet-friend who is having a baby in the fall.  

Hmm...I hope she doesn't read this, about how I complained about the price of part of her gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment