Sunday, November 18, 2012

Bear Says Thanks by Karma Wilson

 Bear Says Thanks by Karma Wilson, illustrated by Jane Chapman

Rating: 3.5 stars

I have a soft spot in my heart for these Bear books by Karma Wilson.  Bear Snores On  is the book that created this book-crazy mindset that we're all still in; I memorized the whole book after reading it to Lorelei every night when she was a newborn.  Amazingly, that same copy of the book is still in tact and sits in Kiefer's book basket in his room.

I am always eager to check out a new book in the Bear series--there are eight in all--and grabbed this book on the "New Books" shelf in our library about a month ago.

I was disappointed when the first page had Bear's words: "I am bored, bored, bored."  What?!  Bored?  That's a bad word in our house.  If you say it twice, you have the opportunity to clean something...because if you can't find something to do (or read!), then I'll help you find something to do.

But besides the fact that Karma Wilson uses the dreaded B-word, it's a cute book.  Bear is bored so he decides to make a feast for his friends.  But his cupboards are empty.  Luckily the usual suspects appear at his cave and all have food to share.  To each one, Bear says "Thanks!"  The group ends up sharing a big meal together, smiling and chewing and laughing, just as I hope you are doing this Thursday.

(Though if a bear is at your table...I think you're in trouble.)

No comments:

Post a Comment