Thursday, June 17, 2010

I'm Mighty! by Kate & Jim McMullan

I'm Mighty! by Kate & Jim McMullan

Rating: 4.5 stars

Lots of people who know lots more than I do agree that some books are and should be written just to get kids interested in books.  You know, they don't teach very much but they are cute and funny and...well, they are sort of like a welcome mat to the wonderful world of books.

This is one of them.  This cute--well, he'd want me to say tough--little tugboat has more personality than I ever realized tugboats could have!  The text is bold and energetic, jumps around the pages, and invites the parent/caregiver/reader to use get in touch with their inner tugboat and half grunt, half shout the words as their little one/s check out the adorable illustrations.

Luckily, I am a total ham, which definitely helps Lorelei and Ben pay attention to books that I'm reading.  Let's just say that my inner tugboat (and, when I'm reading I'm Dirty!, my inner bull-dozer...we've not read I Stink! or I'm Bad! yet, but we I look forward to getting in touch with my inner garbage truck and inner dinosaur, respectively) is alive and well, and frequently cracks up everyone in the room. 

Including me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment