Sunday, June 20, 2010

Where do your kids read?

This is an audience participation one!  Where do you read to your kids?  Where do your kids read?  Here are some of our favorite places, with pictures to go along...

on the bottom step (random!)

on top of the toy box
at the table while Mommy writes

and (blessedly) in the car.

I'm pretty limited to a few places where I read to them, though.  Ben has just started sitting through one book, and when he's extra tired he'll sit through two or three while sitting in my lap, squished up next to his beloved big sister.  I read to them while they are eating (when we're out, they usually ask me, "Mommy, can you grab a book?" and I have to explain that I really can't pull one out at Starbucks or Rio Grande) and before they nap/sleep.
Here's a picture of Grammy the Great reading during lunch.

Got any cool places that we can emulate?  Do your kids have any funny places they read?

1 comment:

  1. We put a little IKEA bookcase and a big pink bunny chair in Julia's big closet and she reads in there, "To get away..." she says. I'm not sure who she wants to get away from since she's by far the most loud Murray.

    We also can be found on the bottom step--funny!

    ReplyDelete