Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Little Little Girl with the Big Big Voice by Kristen Balouch


The Little Little Girl with the Big Big Voice by Kristen Balouch

Rating: 4 very vibrant stars

When I wasn't blogging, there were a few books that made me miss it more than others.  This was one of them.  We checked it out a few months ago, grabbing it from the New Book Section in our library.  The illustrations grabbed me, so I had to grab it.  I couldn't resist!

The story: The big-voiced little girl needs someone to play with; she comes upon animal after animal and is excited to play with them, but her big voice scares them away.  Finally she meets a lion, who roars a big giant roar after she uses her big giant voice.  They look at each other, blink, and then laugh, knowing they've found a new friend in each other.
"She came upon a snake swinging in the tree."

The pictures are ah-maaaaaa-zing.  Vibrant.  Bright.  Happy.  Big.  I'm not sure I have enough words to describe how much I love Balouch's illustrations.  Her story was good, her pictures were great.  More, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment