Monday, July 26, 2010

Slither, Swoop, Swing by Alex Ayliffe

Slither, Swoop, Swing by Alex Ayliffe

Rating: 3.5 stars

I've realized my blog posts have been getting quite lengthy.  Being succinct is not in my genes.  But I'll try.

We know and love Alex Ayliffe from his illustrations in Margaret Mayo's fantastic books.  But this one is all his.  There's really not much to it--each page is one verb, with a bunch of animals acting it out. 

But it has become one of Ben's favorite bedtime books.  He likes to act out each verb/page.  He moves back and forth for "swing," as if he's on a tire swing; he grabs hold of his own leg tightly for "cling;" and of course "flap" he flaps his wings...I mean arms...wildly.  Then the last one is "run" and he runs around his room in a circle.  No wonder he takes awhile to actually fall asleep!  Maybe I should get a better bedtime book.

No comments:

Post a Comment