Sunday, July 18, 2010

Wow! City! by Robert Nuebecker

Wow! City! by Robert Nuebecker

Rating: 4.5 stars

Dorky library confession #253: When I saw that this book was finally en route to our library, and therefore to our library bag, and thus into our very own home for some weeks, I did a Home Alone Macauly Culkin-style  "YESSSSSSSSSS!"

I know, I know.  I'm a dork.  That's okay; I've embraced it.  But I was really excited, because we thoroughly enjoyed Wow! School! and Wow! America! (review for the latter here).  We loved looking through the huge pages, finding the red-haired Izzy and her dog. 

We liked this book because we don't live in the city--and while familiarity is definitely comforting, different is indeed intriguing.  (We went to visit my step-sister in Baltimore last month, and seeing the billboards and train tracks alongside the highway was super cool.) 

So we looked through this book a zillion times while it was in our appreciative possession, watching Izzy and her father travel by plane to New York, where they took a taxi, looked at the fire station, looked up to the tall skyscrapers, and other things.  In fact, pajama-clad Ben (see picture) looked at this book first thing most mornings for three weeks straight!

It's a great, great book, but Wow! America! is definitely the best in my opinion.  But maybe that's because we don't know how this book ends...the last page was ripped out.  Drat!  What, oh what, is the last WOW?  We'll never know... 

No comments:

Post a Comment